W3C Advice 11 2008 december
Please make reference to the errata because of this document, that may consist of corrections that are normative.
This document normally for sale in non-normative platforms, offered by Alternate Versions of site content Accessibility instructions 2.0.
Copyright © 2008 W3C ® (MIT , ERCIM , Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C obligation, document and trademark usage rules use.
Content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0 covers a broad variety of guidelines to make site content more available. After these directions could make content available to a wider selection of people who eliteessaywriters.com/paper-checker company have disabilities, including loss of sight and low vision, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, intellectual limits, restricted motion, message disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations of those. After these tips will even often make your internet content more usable to users as a whole.
WCAG 2.0 success requirements are written as testable statements that aren’t technology-specific. Guidance about satisfying the success criteria in specific technologies, along with basic details about interpreting the success requirements, is provided in documents that are separate. See site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) Overview for the introduction and links to WCAG technical and academic product.
WCAG 2.0 succeeds site content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 WCAG10, that has been posted as a W3C advice might 1999. Even though it is achievable to conform either to WCAG 1.0 or even to WCAG 2.0 (or both), the W3C advises that brand brand new and updated content use WCAG 2.0. The W3C also recommends that internet accessibility policies guide WCAG 2.0.
Reputation with this Document
This area defines the status for this document during the right time of its book. Other papers may supersede this document. A summary of present W3C magazines while the revision that is latest with this technical report are located in the W3C technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
This is basically the content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 W3C Recommendation from the net information Accessibility recommendations performing Group.
This document was evaluated by W3C Members, by computer pc software designers, and also by other W3C teams and interested events, and it is endorsed because of the Director as a W3C Recommendation. It really is a stable document and works extremely well as reference material or cited from another document. W3C’s part to make the advice would be to draw focus on the specification and also to market its extensive implementation. This improves the interoperability and functionality for the internet.
WCAG 2.0 is sustained by the linked non-normative papers, Understanding WCAG 2.0 and approaches for WCAG 2.0. Although those papers don’t have the status that is formal WCAG 2.0 it self has, they supply information vital that you understanding and implementing WCAG.
The Working Group requests that any responses be produced with the provided online comment kind. Should this be extremely hard, reviews can be sent to also firstname.lastname@example.org. The archives for the general public responses list are publicly available. Commentary received regarding the WCAG 2.0 Recommendation cannot result in modifications for this form of the principles, but could be addressed in errata or future variations of WCAG. The performing Group will not intend to make responses that are formal commentary. Archives for the WCAG WG subscriber list conversations are publicly available, and future work undertaken by the performing Group may deal with responses gotten about this document.
This document happens to be produced included in the W3C online Accessibility Initiative (WAI). The objectives associated with WCAG performing Group are discussed into the WCAG performing Group charter. The WCAG performing Group is a component associated with the WAI Technical Activity.
This document had been generated by a team running underneath the 5 2004 W3C Patent Policy february. W3C maintains a general public a number of any patent disclosures manufactured in connection aided by the deliverables associated with group; that web web page also incorporates guidelines for disclosing a patent. A person who has knowledge that is actual of patent that your individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must reveal the information and knowledge prior to part 6 of this W3C Patent Policy.
dining Table of articles
- WCAG 2.0 Levels of Guidance
- WCAG 2.0 Supporting Papers
- Crucial Terms in WCAG 2.0
- WCAG 2.0 Directions
- 1 Perceivable
- 1.1 Provide text options for any non-text content in order that it could be turned into other designs individuals need, such as for instance big print, braille, speech, symbols or easier language.
- 1.2 offer choices for time-based news.
- 1.3 content that is create could be presented in numerous means (for example simpler design) without losing information or framework.
- 1.4 allow it to be easier for users to see and hear content including splitting foreground from history.
- 2 Operable
- 2.1 Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- 2.2 offer users sufficient time to read and make use of content.
- 2.3 Try not to design content in a real means this is certainly proven to cause seizures.
- 2.4 offer methods to assist users navigate, find content, and figure out where they’ve been.
- 3 Understandable
- 3.1 Make text content readable and understandable.
- 3.2 Make webpages look and run in predictable methods.
- 3.3 Assistance users avoid and correct mistakes.
- 4 Robust
- 4.1 Maximize compatibility with present and user that is future, including assistive technologies.
- 1 Perceivable
- Conformance Demands
- Conformance Claims (Optional)
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Alternative Party Content
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Language
- Appendix A: Glossary (Normative)
- Appendix B: Acknowledgments
- Appendix C: Recommendations